Become a Member
Membership is open to practitioners anywhere in the world. We are conscious of building an organisation that will support practitioners and help build best practice. We acknowledge that there are many ways of working restoratively and would like to openly encourage diverse practice to prosper. We have much to learn from each other and much to share about what works within the communities that we serve.
As we continue to develop the organisation, you will have a unique opportunity to join us in the development of a professional member body that is dedicated to supporting you and the work you do.
We aim to:
- Provide high quality professional development in restorative practices through the organisation of local, regional, national and international conferences and networking groups
- Encourage discussion, research and dissemination of information which give focus and direction to, and integration of, fields related to restorative practices
- Develop model standards and guidelines for best practice
- Promote research and development across the fields of Restorative Justice
- Provide discounts on RPI events and media items
We offer an international conference every two years, and it is our intention to move the conference location between the northern and southern hemispheres. Members will enjoy early notice of this significant event, along with a range of discounts to this and other RPI seminars and workshops. We are currently negotiating with a number of publishers and booksellers for membership discounts for RJ resources, accessed by your special membership code.
Members will have the opportunity to network with other members from around the world. Future activities include regional events and seminars, and developing professional interest groups/committees to further our work. A quarterly newsletter will be published for members and we hope that you will be offering contributions for this!
Members will eventually be able to access special interest discussion groups (blogs) for moderated discussion and sharing.
We are in ongoing negotiations with leading publishers and booksellers of restorative resources, for discounts on a range of restorative resources such as books, manuals and DVD’s.
If you are interested in offering a discount on your resources to our members, please contact us.